Saturday, May 10, 2008

Why it's personal

I'm not really a writer so please bare with me. It was four years ago, I was browsing through my files looking at old photos. At that time I still liked looking at old photographs as it reminded me of the good times I've had when I was in high school. I was one of the, let's put it in good terms, the "chubby girl". We were almost 50 in our class and there were 3 of us who were on the heavy side, but it didn't bother me at all because I knew that as long as I felt good about myself and how I looked, then everything was going to be alright. As I was looking through the pictures, I saw one picture that I will always remember. It was a picture of our classmate wearing a costume and it looked like she was going to burst out of it! I felt sorry for her, how she must have felt having to wear a ridiculous costume. And as I looked closer at the picture, I was surprised to see that the person whom I felt sorry for was not my classmate but regrettably, myself. And at that moment on, I realized that I was no longer happy with how I looked and felt about myself.

And 4 years later, I am now an incoming fourth year at the University of Santo Tomas, and gladly doing a thesis, an advocacy campaign against childhood obesity. I created this blog to share with others what I have learned, based from research and my personal experience.


(4 years ago)

BEFORE
(i've always wanted to do this!)


AFTER
(by the way, im the one on the left, the other one's my bestfriend, reg :)


(the one in the middle)

Four years had gone by, 50 lbs off, a hundred books and articles read about losing weight, thousands of calories burned, and countless questions on how I can be better has changed my thesis to once an academic requirement to a personal quest. (Thank you Sir Velez for approving my proposal, yey!)

I am now re-learning and re-tracing my steps to how I lost all the weight. Hopefully, this blog will serve useful to others as others had been to me.

Write to you soon,
ains